August 4, 2013

Back to School GlamDIY: Glam Up Your Headphones!

Hello sweethearts! The first half of the holidays is gone and another year of school is right around the corner (ewww) aaand I deciced to start with another series! This time it will be about DIY things for school and I totally wanted to name it GlamDIY! 
You'll be able to glam up your things that you usually carry to school. It will be about anything and everything - fashion, beauty, random!

I'll posting a new DIY project every Sunday, so make sure to check it out. 
Today's project is about how to glam up your boring headphones!


Since this post will be quite long, make sure to see the whole article. 


Let's start off with where I got the idea from. 

Okay so when I was watching Michelle's new Back to School video, she had those extremely cute headphones that you can actually win!
Then I was like... let's make my own!

What I used: 


(the spikes are for the effect, you don't need to necessarily use them if you don't want)



If you have dark headphones, make sure to slightly apply a white nail polish with a sponge. It doesn't have to be perfect.


Then paint the first half of the headphones with the color of your choice. Let it dry and pant the other side as well.


After that start drawing a leopard print with a black nail polish. I used a toothpick. 


Make sure to fill in some spots. It looks much better that way.


Let it dry and then paint the other side as well. 


For the other half I used a blue nail polish (one coat) and you can  draw a tribal print with a black nail polish. Just make a cik-cak lines and paint a dot in the middle of the triangle.


In this step I just painted the ear and the connector part with gold. 


This step its totally optional but I added some spikes as well.



Give it a night to it will be able to dry completely and you're ready to use your brand new headphones!

I hope you liked this post. If you decided to try it out, make sure to send me the pictures of your re-creation.

xoxo, R

2 comments:

  1. Great idea:-) but doesnt it chip after a while?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) No, that's why you need to apply a thin coat of your nail polish. And make sure to use polishes like Essie, China Glaze, Ciate, OPI... these brands are high quality :)

      Delete