June 29, 2013

Saturday Randomness by Ronnie ep 14 - Must-Have Eyeshadow Brushes & All about them!

Happy Saturday cupcakes! 
Another weekend is here, yay! I was thinking a lot about this episode of Saturday Randomness. Then I realised that many girls out there don't own the most important makeup tools and they might not know what are they for. Today I'm gonna clear the things up, haha! This post was also kinda requested, so here it is! 


Okay, so the first thing you should know when you clean the brush is, that the water cannot get inside the tube! That would ruin the glue that holds the hair. That means, when you finished the cleaning, make sure to let it dry upside down.

Now on to the cleaning itself - I usually use a clean water and a baby shower gel. I gently clean the hair and then I rinse it off. That's it!
Remember - you need to be gentle because you might destroy your brush.

Now let's take a look at my dirty brushes, haha! There's a number under each brush so you can easily find out which brush I'm talking about. 
These are the must-have brushes that every girl should own. I have a tons of brushes, especially eyeshadow brushes, but I tend to use these the most.



1.  The first brush you can see is from Urban Decay and it's a blending fluffy brush. Since it is so soft and gentle, it's for blending the color away. It also makes the harsh lines disappear. This brush has a thick bundle of fibers arranged in a rounded shape which helps to blend the color even more!

2. Another brush we have here is an eyeshadow brush from Essence. The tip of the brush absorbs the eyeshadow and provides a long lasting effect on your eyes. You can also contour the eye with this brush if you feel like you're a pro. It's totally up to you.

3. Eyebrows need extra attention so we have an eyebrow brush here as well. You use this brush to define and fill in your eyebrows. The brush is flat shaped with an angled tip. Mine is probably from Bobbi Brown.

4. Another thingie is from ELF and it's a angled brush. I'd say that this is the perfect brush for defining and creating precision lines. It's also ideal for highlighting under your brow bone and inner corner. 

5. The next brush is an eyeliner brush. This brush has smooth, synthetic fibers of the right length and density for lining your eyes. You can make very think lines with it but you cal also build it up and go for a dramatic cat eye look! My brush is from ELF.

6. Last but not least we have a thick pencil brush, ideal for shading on lid, in eye crease or along your lash line from ELF as well. I usually like to add some shadow to my crease with this brush and then blend it away with my Urban Decay fluffy brush. 


That would be it for todays episode of Randomness. This post was requested so I hope it wasn't boring for you. 
xoxo, R.

No comments:

Post a Comment